Augmented Reality (AR) is a technology which connects our physical world with the digital world. AR helps us to connect and visualize physical world objects to a greater extent than we can in the real world. We can better understand real world objects using AR technology ultimately helps us to evolve our real world.
Currently AR is USD10+ billion industry which it will be growing to USD 70+ billion by 2024 in just the next coming year. Apple has got LiDAR sensor in iPad`s for AR. Google released Google Glass years ago. As AR tech sensors gets more feasible to use for mobile specific companies the AR market will boom in the next decade.
AR has the potential to change how we perceive the world around us in the coming decade. Big companies are heavily investing in AR tech to provide better consumer experience along with new marketing techniques to the consumer. Gaming Companies are heavily investing in AR/VR to help users provide more realistic gaming experience and build new AR specific games like Pokémon Go. Medical students can get a lot of benefit using AR as all the body organs can be seen by them just by an App in their cellphones.
Companies already investing big in AR Tech:
- Apple is already investing big in AR Glasses under its CEO Tim Cook.
- Facebook is investing in AR Tech told by its founder Mark Zuckerberg.
- Reliance is investing in AR Glasses which got mentioned in its AGM.
- Google and Apple each released there AR Kit for AR Tech developers
- Furniture giant company IKEA offers an AR based furniture app which lets us see how its products will look in our house/space.
Augmented Reality is the next big tech coming as already big giants are getting there hand in it.
Gurdeep Saini (19BCE10347)