SECURE is a pioneer step taken by VIT Bhopal University to promote research in cyber security to create a safe and secure cyberspace. There is a considerable gap between cyberattacks and the practical measures to curb them. SECURE is helmed by the Division of Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics of VIT Bhopal University to bridge this gap.
SECURE is committed to research-led training on upcoming cyber technologies and defence mechanisms to keep pace with the constantly evolving cyber threat landscape. With its aim to usher in a new era of Cybersecurity, the focus is to raise the level of security, increase transparency, and ramp up the adoption of security enabled technology services indaily life. With a rich resource pool of experts from industry and academia, SECURE is a community of cyber enthusiasts who are committed to a safe digital world by connecting the dots to mitigate the security risks for the individuals, and organizations.
Objectives of SECURE
- To promote research on the latest technologies in cyber security and digital forensics.
- To train an efficient and skilled cyber workforce that will work towards a secure and safe cyberspace and protect critical infrastructure from cyber threats.
- To maintain the integrity of data, applications and services by establishing standards for testing and validation.
- To facilitate the best practices, standards, audits and regulations for preventive measures against cyber-attacks.
- To assess and analyse the growing vulnerabilities, with a special focus on zero-day vulnerabilities.
- To support the government organizations, private agencies, and academic institutions to be cyber safe and practice cyber hygiene.
- To raise national cyber security potential, and to be alert on the vital cyber security issues.
- To build a safe cyber ecosystem in India by generating trust and confidence in online services, machines and platforms.
- Consultancy Project from Govt. of India on Cyber Security: Technology Development and Assessment[Principal Consultant: Dr. Shishir K Shandilya]
- International Patent on “Patient Safety and Privacy-Preserving in E-Health Using Internet of Things” by Dr. Shakeera et. al
- International Patent on “Nature-Inspired Adaptive Defence System for Early Intrusion Detection” by Dr. SKShandilya et.al
- National Patent on “A Scanning Device, a System and a Method for Characterization of External Devices” by Dr. SK Shandilya et.al
- International Book on “Advances in Nature-Inspired Cyber Security and Resilience” by Springer by Dr.SK Shandilya et.al
- International Journal Publication on “An Information and Predictive Credibility Control System using Blockchain Technique” by Shakeera et. al
- International Journal Publication on “AI-assisted Computer Network Operations testbed for Nature-Inspired Cyber Security based adaptive defence simulation and analysis” by Dr. SK Shandilya et.al
- International Journal Publication on “An Efficient and Lightweight Intrusion Detection System for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks” by Dr. Sharmasth Vali et. al
- Sukaina Kazmi of 2020 Batch got certification from the parliament of India for performing in South Asian Speakers Summit in front of then Lol Sabha speaker and International delegation.
- Shubham of 2020 Batch Started a company named Cypherash Enterprises which is conducting a Pan India Hackathon. They are providing paid internships, cash prizes and a lot more perks to the winners. We have gathered more than 300+ registrations.
- Nadir khan of 2021 Batch Stood 30th at the DEFCON Delhi CTF organized by Oregon State University and 286 worldwide.