- An 8 storey Boys Hostel Building with a built-up area of 44,752 sq.m equipped with Wi-Fi enabled AC and Non-AC sharing rooms with an indoor badminton court available in the central courtyard.
- A 6 storey Girls Hostel building with a built-up area of 9791 sq.m equipped with Wi-Fi enabled AC, Non-AC sharing rooms. It houses a modern kitchen and dining area which provides a hygienic and healthy diet.
- Currently a G+7 boys hostel block is under construction with an area of 9000 sq.m, which will house a recreation centre, mess facility, sports facility, gymnasium, swimming pool and food court.
- A wide variety of rooms are available for the students starting from 6 bedded rooms to single seaters. The students can choose AC and Non-AC rooms as per their preference.
- Rooms are equipped with ergonomically designed furniture which includes a cot, chair, study table, study lamp, bookshelf and a cupboard.
- Some of the facilities include first-aid centre, pharmacy, photocopy service, food kiosks, gymnasium, swimming pool, sport amenities, laundry service, Wi-Fi service, beauty salon, tailoring unit, dance and music classes, utility shop and visitor rooms.
- 24 hours water supply and power supply supported by stand-by generators.
Food & Dining
- Students are offered varied cuisines in the hostel based on their dietary requirements and preferences.
- Healthy, wholesome food and a variety of dining options are available to the hostel students. Given the great diversity of tastes and cultures, students have access to multi-cuisine catering services that serve vegetarian, non-vegetarian, Indian and International food prepared with the help of a unique steam cooking facility.
- Separate dining areas are available for vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
- Students can also choose and order from a limited list of special dishes available on prior registration at the restaurant-styled dining facility.
- For those who want to try out different cuisines, a variety of hygienic food facilities are available on campus. Fast food outlets are also attached to both the men’s and women’s hostels as well as the upcoming hostel. International students can also choose from a limited list of special food items.
- Dining areas are open as early as 7:00 AM and night canteens are available from 7:30 PM to 11:30 PM. The kitchens are hygienically operated and adhere to the prescribed food standards. A balanced menu is prepared every month by the Student Mess and Menu Committee in consultation with the hostel administrators.
- A spacious Visitors’ Lounge has recently been added for the benefit of visiting parents/guardians, supplementing the residential guest house facilities available.
- The hostels have fully equipped gym facilities including trainer facility.
- They also provide indoor and outdoor game spaces to encourage students to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- A basketball court, football ground, cricket ground, kabbadi court, volleyball court,and 3 cricket nets for practice are also available.
- A specific athletic track is also available in the upcoming hostel along with a swimming pool.
Spacious study areas in every hostel block are available to provide a suitable environment for regular studies and exam preparations.
- 24X7 security service in every hostel is ensured, with female security personnel deployed in Ladies hostels.
- Residential Counsellors, Wardens, Supervisors, maintenance staff and security guards are always on duty.
- Security guard chaperone to ensure safe transit of students to and from the campus to the nearest railway station and bus stops for late night / early hours of the day.
- Doctors, medical personnel and ambulance facilities are deployed in the hostels to meet any medical emergency, 24X7.
- The University has also signed agreements with leading hospitals in Bhopal and Indore for advanced medical care.
- Culturally diverse events are periodically organised within the hostels to help the residents unwind, network, and exhibit their talents. To name a few, weekend movie screenings, DJ nights, cultural and sports competitive events are made available for residents to ensure a memorable hostel life.
- Students are encouraged to visit old age homes and children’s homes and to make a contribution for the betterment of the society by engaging in volunteer activities. Workshops on self-Defence and special lectures are regularly hosted in the hostels. Bonfires are organized with students showcasing their talents outdoors.
- Since VIT Bhopal University is a home to varied cultures, different cultural clubs often conduct events portraying their heritage.
- Gujarati club conducts its annual Garba dance while the Bengali club celebrated Sammillani 2K19, in which they showcased their talents and treated others to delightful Bengali food.
- The Malayalam club celebrated Onam with Onam Sadhya and Telugu club introduced the campus to the festival of Ugadi. The Tamil club organised Pongal celebrations with everyone dressed traditionally and relishing delectable South Indian dishes.
Swimming pool & Other amenities
In house ATM facilities are available for students in hostels and Indian Bank Branch is located inside the academic block.
Laundry facilities are available for students on demand.