Artificial Intelligence & Cybernetics
AI & Cybernetics is an interdisciplinary program which provides expertise in Robotics, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Machine Perception, etc. The next industrial revolution will be application of artificial intelligence in various fields of engineering. Cybernetics was introduced in early 40s as the study of human/machine interaction guided by the principle of feedback, control, and communications. Intelligent control, effective perception and decision making are major pillars of this discipline which indicates the relevance of this program in today’s world. The students will get exposure to sophisticated computer algorithms and various robotics applications through this project-based curriculum crafted by experts.
The program B.Tech ECE (specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics) is specially designed that aims to give an in-depth knowledge of intelligence as well as intelligent systems may be artificial and/or biological. We try to provide our students especially with persistent, long-term knowledge of cutting-edge topics which also includes up-to-date research findings. We believe that graduates with such knowledge can easily find their jobs in both academia and industry. With the partnerships with industries and research groups around the globe we allow the students to work in ongoing research projects. We believe that excellent research positively influences the quality of education. Students will be prepared for creative application of basic as well as advanced intelligent techniques in all major areas of engineering.
Era of Artificial Intelligence
Humans are always ahead of machines and that is the main reason we are trying to give human level intelligence to machines. Artificial intelligence otherwise also called machine intelligence impart human ability to make decisions and learning from examples to machines. Though autonomous machines are available from long before, but decision-making power and perception of environment are provided by artificial intelligence. AI has now applications in almost all areas starting from finance to healthcare domains.
Robotics is another area which can be considered as a mix of various domains. High end applications require AI to impart intelligence to it whereas some applications may only require some rule-based systems. Modern era has seen that inflection points in society always create opportunities. COVID 19 increases the opportunities of online education. Rise of smartphones with GPS was the turning point which enabled Uber, Lyft, Airbnb, and many other services. Artificial intelligence and machine learning is now capable of transforming many industries.
What is Cybernetics?
Cybernetics studies the problem of control systems building and the processes in automatons, computers, living organisms as well as social systems. It creates a unified view of animate and inanimate systems in that it encompasses knowledge of various fields. A formal definition is given by A. N. Kolmogorov as “Science concerned with the study of systems of any nature which are capable of receiving, storing and processing information so as to use it for control”. Information is probably the major concept brought by cybernetics. Studies in cybernetics provide a means for examining the design and function of any system, including social systems such as business management and organizational learning, including for the purpose of making them more efficient and effective.
- Introducing India’s first specialized future ready integration of Cybernetics and AI
- Acquiring the background knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics in the context in which they evolved and understanding the parity between them.
- Exposure to wide applications of Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics in the areas of Machine Learning, Knowledge representation, Intelligent Training, Hypermedia, Groupware and Neural Nets
- Interdisciplinary faculties from Electronics, Computer Science, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering with expertise in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Robotics.
- Along with the core courses of electronics, the students will also be learning courses related to Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Amalgamation of hardware and software knowledge.
- Signal processing aspects of AI with applications to Cybernetics